The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

October 14, 2004

Edwin Watts Golf Shop

Unfortunately my round of golf was cancelled yesterday and I had to work. That sucks, but I needed to get my golf fix somehow so I decided to go to Edwin Watts Golf Shop. Home of overpriced golf clubs, shoes, balls, apparel, etc...but it's fun to go there because I know they'll always have all of the newest equipment.

I just got the new Golf Magazine the other day and the feature story is a big comparison of putters. All of the latest and greatest from all of the manufacturers that you'd expect. The one I really wanted to check out was the new Ping Doc 17. This thing is huge, it's the John Holmes of putters. It's the largest regulation size putter on the market.

I took some putts with the Doc 17, the Scotty Cameron Red X and a couple of other putters. And although I liked the feel of the Doc 17, I don't know that I could ever get used to using a putter that is so big. I think I'll need to try one on the course before I buy one.

I did buy some of the Brush-T tees in the most neutral color they had, black. I also bought a dozen Titleist DT SoLo balls. I've never played the SoLo's so I thought I'd give them a try. With all of the golf gear they sell at Edwin Watts, which is obviously overpriced, it made me wonder why I don't buy clubs on Ebay and try to save a few bucks. I think I'll write about Ebay and my wonderful experiences there another day.

1 comment:

Erik J. Barzeski said...

Black Brush-Ts are for "Driver." The only size smaller is "3-wood" and they have "Oversize" and one above that.

So, I hope you like your ball teed low, because the black ones are pretty low. The colors mean something with brush-ts.

...More Golf Stuff